Lavender Bee Balm
Saturday January 26, 2013·
My girlfriend is often grossed out by my chapped lips. Sometimes I lean in to kiss her and she recoils like I’m a psoriasis-ridden vagrant. It’s demoralising. That’s why I’ve decided in 2013 my lips will stay hydrated and luscious at all times. And because 2013 is also the year I’m supposed to be saving money, I decided to make this bee balm recipe my friend told me about.
You will need:
- 4 tablespoons of jojoba, almond, or olive oil (I chose olive because we already had some)
- 1 tablespoon of grated beeswax or beeswax pearls (can be found at your local hippy store)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 3 punctured, squeezed-out liquid vitamin E capsules
- 7 drops of essential oil of some kind (I chose lavender because I associate it with bees)
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder (optional)
Warm the olive oil, honey and beeswax in a pot on a very low heat until everything is melted.
Take it off the heat and whisk in the vitamin E, cocoa, and essential oil.
Keep whisking while the bottom of your pot is dunked in a pan of ice water.
Spoon the balm into a container and put it in the fridge for three hours to set.
You now have bee balm!
This article is part of our new DIY series, made possible with support from Nikon.